Breast revision is surgery meant to correct any health complications arising from primary breast augmentation. The revisional surgery involves the removal and replacement of silicone implants or saline implants that were previously used to give you a nice breast contour.
Dr. Bloch from www.bodybybloch.com is a board certified Chicago plastic surgeon that can help you get revisional surgery. You can consider a secondary breast augmentation if you experience or lose nipple sensitivity, capsular contracture, rapture and signs of immune disorders among other symptoms.
Even if your breast implant surgery was perfectly planned and beautifully executed, changes can occur over time.
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider breast revision:
- You are in good health.
- You are not a smoker.
- You wish to increase or decrease the size of your breasts.
- You wish to correct breast asymmetry.
- You want to address problems that have developed with your implants and/or surrounding breast tissue.
- Pregnancy and/or breast-feeding has changed the appearance of your implants.
- Weight loss or weight gain has negatively affected the appearance of your breast implants.
- You should have undergone a breast lift with your initial augmentation, but did not.
- You are unhappy with the results of previous surgery due to poor implant placement or other aesthetic problems.
- You wish to remove your breast implants permanently.
If you are in good general health, have a positive attitude and realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this procedure.
Breast revision procedure
Breast revision surgery can last for about 1 to 3 hours. Your breast revision Chicago doctor should be careful enough so that another breast revision may not be needed in the near future. Visiting professional aesthetic plastic surgeons like Dr. Bloch will reduce chances of yet another correction surgery. Anesthesia and sedation is given to help you stay comfortable during the procedure. After anesthesia procedure, incisions similar to your primary surgery are made but your doctor can recommend new ones. Target areas for the incisions include under the armpit, around the areola, below the breast crease or through your naval.
After incisions are made, older implants will be removed and new ones placed on the exact spot where previous ones lay. This could be directly under your chest muscle or directly under your breasts. Incisions will then be sutured and dressing placed on wounds. You will be observed for a few hours after surgery before you go home on the same day.
For a speedy and healthy recovery, it is important to carefully follow your doctor’s instructions. Your scars may be pink for several weeks, but should begin fading soon thereafter. Breasts may seem hard and unnatural during the swelling period, but will eventually resort back to a softer feel. During the first few days after breast revision surgery, you should try and keep your arm extension to a minimum (should be raised much higher than the armpit), in order to help prevent the muscle and tissue from stretching and separating. Stitches taken out: within 1 week to 10 days. Return to work: 1 to 2 weeks.
To help obtain the best cosmetic outcomes from this procedure, as well as lessen discomfort and speed healing and recovery, we recommend an all-natural line of supplements to be consumed both before and after the surgery. The supplements will work organically in your body to give you the best overall results.
Breast revision pros and cons
Though breast revision is meant to correct mistakes or complications from initial surgery, it also has its limitations. Some of the pros and cons of secondary breast augmentation include:
- Improved breast symmetry
- Opportunity to increase or reduce breast size
- Youthful breast shape
- Your breast revision Chicago doctor may need to have details of the initial surgery
- New breast shape and size will be altered by gravity and aging
- Implants weight can affect breast look
- More scarring may be experienced
- Revisional surgery is more expensive than initial breast augmentation surgery
Having a qualified plastic surgeon in breast augmentation will help you reduce health complications and achieve a youthful appearance.
To book a consultation for breast revision with Dr Bloch give us a call at 1-847-432-0840 or go to http://www.smartbeautyguide.com/procedures/breast/breast-revision