Chemical peels are a skin revitalization technique designed to visibly improve the tone and texture of the skin on your face, hands, or neck. This safe and effective procedure involves applying a mild acid solution to your skin, which then causes the damaged skin to exfoliate, revealing regenerated skin that is smoother, less wrinkled, and less discolored.
We encourage potential patients of Skin Deep Medical Spa, in Glenview and Highland Park, to contact us directly to discuss which chemical peel treatment is ideal for them. Here are a few things we want future patients — like you — to know about chemical peels for skin rejuvenation.
What does it do?
Chemical peels are ideally suited to treat issues like acne scars, wrinkles, melasma, crow’s feet, sun-damaged skin, and even sagging skin. Peels are a good option for women who want to reduce visible signs of aging with a safe and non-surgical skin rejuvenation process.
What are my peel options?
- Illuminize Peel® – This chemical peel works to quickly exfoliate the skin to reveal the new, healthier skin below. Illuminize Peel® provides you with a more uniform complexion as it leaves your skin glowing.
- Jet Peel™ – This treatment uses pressurized oxygen combines with a mist of saline solution to exfoliate the outer layer of skin. Jet Peel™ triggers the production of collagen which will leave your skin stronger and smoother in the weeks to follow.
- MicroPeel® – MicroPeel® encourages the exfoliation of old skin cells and debris while also triggering the skin’s renewal process. This peel can reduce the appearance of acne scars and sun damage.
- Rejuvenize Peel™ – This chemical peel can be used to minimize the appearance of skin damage that comes from sun exposure and aging. Rejuvenize Peel™ can also be used to treat acne scarring and minor skin discoloration.
- VI Peel™ – VI Peel™ is a professional grade chemical peel used to achieve dramatic results when it comes to skin concerns. This treatment can be used to address acne, aging, melasma, sun damage, and hyperpigmentation.
- Vitalize Peel® – Vitalize Peel® works to reduce the appearance of fine lines and smooth out skin complexion. This peel uses alpha-hydroxy acids to fade age spots and give you a rejuvenated look.
What are the benefits?
The advantage of these chemical peels is that they are non-surgical procedures that offer manageable recovery times and side effects (typically stinging and redness), all while producing dramatic changes in appearance.
What can I expect?
Both the recovery times and how long you can expect your results to last increase as you move up the scale from superficial to deep treatments. These options and outcomes will be discussed during your initial consultation. If you live in the Chicago metro area or surrounding areas, such as Glenview, Highland Park, or other towns and would like to learn more about our chemical peel procedures, contact Skin Deep Medical Spa to schedule a consultation.